Skip to content

Independent Study Abroad Programs

(Non-Fresno State Programs)

All Fresno State students studying outside of the United States on an independent program that will produce academic credit are required to register their program with the Fresno State Study Abroad Office.  This includes but is not limited to the following activities:
  • Independent Internships abroad
  • Independent group trips with a faculty member

Register for your program by clicking here.

Student Travel/Health Insurance is available, but not required, for Fresno State students who study abroad on independent programs.  After you complete the student application, you will automatically receive an email quote for insurance. If you choose to purchase the travel/health insurance, follow the instructions in the email.  If you decide against carrying the travel/health insurance, please notify to say you do not want the insurance.
Study Abroad staff will provide the following services to interested students:
  • Advice on ways to work with program advisors to have their courses articulated
  • Information about travel insurance
  • Pre-departure orientation which includes health and safety measures, cultural and academic preparation and adjustment to a new environment
  • Assistance to students to make an informed decision to participate in an independent program.  Information will include disclosure that Fresno State does not authorize their travel; cannot guarantee their transfer of credit earned; and will not provide students with IRA or Passport funding 
For students who choose to participate in programs that are not listed in the Study Abroad programs, staff will not facilitate third-party programs and activities such as providing information about Fresno State students, home institution approval or nominations.