Faculty and Staff Opportunities
There are numerous international opportunities for Fresno State faculty to conduct research, study languages and cultures, teach or be a resident director in study abroad programs. Links below provide information regarding other overseas opportunities for faculty.
CSU System - Resident Director (Academic year)
Each year the CSU International Programs recruits faculty to serve as Resident Directors (RDs) in a number of its study abroad programs. These positions represent one of the best chances within the CSU to work and live for a year in the following countries: France, Italy and Spain. As a faculty member appointed to be RD, you will have the advantage of:
- Close advising and mentoring relationships with CSU students in the study centers
- Professional faculty contacts in the host country
- Administrative experience abroad and at home
Who is Eligible to Apply?
Tenured or tenure track faculty in a full-time teaching or administrative position are eligible to apply (FERP faculty are not eligible). Faculty must have the following:
- Appropriate terminal degree for the candidate's discipline
- Appropriate overseas experience
- Appropriate foreign language skills
What is the Application Process?
Applications are available from your campus ACIP representative
- Available in September
- Completed applications are due December 1 of each year
- Application screening takes place in January
- On-site interviews of candidates with the Faculty Affairs Committee takes place at the Chancellor's Office in February
- RD appointments are announced in April
USAC Visiting Professor Program
As a Fresno State faculty member, you have the unique opportunity to support the internationalization of your department and college by teaching abroad with USAC (the University Studies Abroad Consortium). Visiting Professors establish contacts with foreign colleagues, enhance their own foreign language acquisition, strengthen and support international education and study abroad on campus, diversify course curriculum, and develop international relationships for research and other purposes. Details:
- Teach two classes (semester) or one (summer or January session), in English or relevant foreign language, at select USAC program sites
- Teaching sites are likely to include multiple cities within Brazil, Chile, China, Costa Rica, Czech Republic, France, Germany, Ghana, India, Ireland, Italy, Spain, and Thailand
- Semester applicants and those on 12-month contracts must have approval from their Department Chair/Dean.
- Applicants must
- Be full-time faculty members in good standing
- Be returning on contract to campus following term abroad
- Demonstrate student evaluations that reflect superior teaching abilities
- Be flexible regarding international living, working conditions and a willingness to enthusiastically experience local culture with students
- Contribute to host university overseas, in addition to teaching the selected course(s)
- Publicize students’ opportunity to study abroad with the VP (reach out to colleagues and students)
The deadline to apply to teach abroad during Summer 2019, Fall 2019, January 2020, and Spring 2020 is coming up soon. Please contact Sabrina Harris at email@example.com with any questions.