LONDON AND EDINBURGH—TRANSCULTURAL NURSING AND GLOBAL HEALTHCARE
Explore two of the world’s most exciting cities: London and Edinburgh! Discover the intriguing history of medicine and nursing where so much of modern medicine began. Join us as we learn how the UK system of healthcare differs from the US current healthcare system and consider using this knowledge to influence the future of health and wellness. See the Florence Nightingale Museum and the lasting impact she has had on social reform and modern nursing. Sherlock Holmes fan? We will explore Edinburgh’s Surgeon’s Hall and find the connection to the famed detective, along with seeing one of the largest and most historic collections of surgical pathology in the world.
Early registration is strongly encouraged. Proof of a valid passport is required prior to the trip. Any disability requiring special attention must be reported in advance to an instructor.
||Dr. Shauna Miller
School of Nursing
The fee of $4,704 includes:
- Fresno State tuition, 3 units of credit
- All instruction
- Round-trip airfare from Fresno to the United Kingdom
- Airport transfers to lodging
- Seven nights shared lodging, quad room
- Breakfast daily and three special dinners
- Full-time Tour Director
- Daily activities, tours and entrances to attractions
- Coach and rail transportation
- Travel/health insurance
- 24/7 Emergency support
Your passport, lunches and most dinners
- Sightseeing tours of London and Edinburgh
- Florence Nightingale Museum
- Royal College of Physicians and London’s medical district
- Edinburgh Castle
- Royal College of Surgeons and Edinburgh’s Surgeon’s Hall Museum
- Free time to explore both cities
- Tuesday, October 17, 5:00-6:00pm, McLane Hall, room 170
- Wednesday, October 25, 12:00-1:00pm, McLane Hall, room 170
- Monday, November 6, 5:00-6:00pm, McLane Hall, room 170
See instructor for required pre-departure orientations at Fresno State.
Registration & Fee Payment
All participants in this program must register for credit, including non-matriculated individuals.
Course fee is $4,704.
Students are responsible for paying EF the program price, $3,834 and Fresno State the tuition, $870.
EF offers flexible and convenient payment options to help participants choose when and how they want to pay the program price.
Option 1: Pay in full upon enrollment - Free
- Payment methods accepted: ATM/debit card, personal check or credit card. (Card must display the Visa or MasterCard logo.)
Option 2: Automatic Payment Plan - Free
- $95 non-refundable deposit paid upon registration. Payments are automatically deducted from a checking account or a debit/ATM card.
- Choose payment frequency:
- Monthly payments based on a preferred date
- Bi-weekly payments on a preferred weekday
- Payment methods accepted: ATM/debit card or checking account only. (Card must display the Visa or MasterCard logo.)
Option 3: Manual Payment Plan - $50 plan fee
- Pay in larger manual installments.
- Payment methods accepted: Visa or MasterCard, ATM/debit card/credit card or personal checks.
- Payment schedule:
- $95 non-refundable deposit due upon registration
- $500 due 30 days after enrollment
- $500 due 90 days after enrollment
- Remaining balance due 95 days prior to departure
EF’s program pricing is rolling, with the best price guaranteed for participants that enroll early. The program price and discount is valid for the month of October. Once a traveler enrolls, they lock in their program price (unless it happens to go down, in which case we will adjust enrolled travelers’ balances to the new best price). The program price will be reevaluated every month, and it is possible this program price may increase.
You will need to register both with Education First (EF) online (see below) and with Fresno State (use registration form in this brochure) for your registration to be complete.
To lock in your EF price and hold your place, you may register NOW with Education First; go to this website: http://www.efcollegestudytours.com/professors-trip/1928168KA
Click on “Enroll Now” and you will be taken directly to the site.
EF Refund schedule
- 150 days or more prior to departure Full refund less the $95 non-refundable deposit, all non-refundable fees, and a $300 cancellation fee.
- 149 to 95 days prior to departure Full refund less the $95 non-refundable deposit, all non-refundable fees, and a $500 cancellation fee.
- 94 to 45 days prior to departure Full refund less the $95 non-refundable deposit, all non-refundable fees, and 50% of the program price.
- 44 days or less prior to departure No refund will be issued.
- You can find EF’s booking conditions easily on their website at: http://www.efcollegestudytours.com/eliterature/bookingconditions_cst_18.pdf
February 5, 2018. Tuition of $870 due to Fresno State.
It is important to understand that you are undertaking a serious contractual obligation when you register for your travel study program. Starting on February 5, 2018, you are responsible for all your Fresno State travel study program fees of $870, which will be posted to your account even if you withdraw from the program.
Make check payable to “Fresno State”. Note: all fees are subject to change.
CGE Refund schedule
If you withdraw from the program, you will be eligible for a full refund of your CGE tuition if you withdraw before February 5, 2018. Beginning February 5, 2018, no refunds will be made. If you withdraw from the program on or after February 5, 2018, the university will place a hold on your student account and require you to pay the full amount of tuition fees ($870) for the travel study program. Further, you will be unable to register in future Fresno State classes until this financial obligation is paid in full.
International Travel Grants
Travel Grants of $1,000 per person are available for qualified Fresno State students. Contact the instructor for more information.
Participants in this program must have a valid passport. Those needing a U.S. Passport can apply in the Continuing and Global Education office, located in Kremen Education Building, Room 130.